aunt donna

I live in Southern CA.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

She said yes

Sorry for the extra picture of Grandpa Clayton and his brother Jack I scanned them together and cant figure out how to only put on one.

But on with my story. Last night we were watching tv and saw a commercial about how some guy proposed to his girlfriend. So I turned around and asked Mom how Dad asked her to marry him, she just laughed and said I would never believe it. So of course my interest was peaked (so was Mary's).

I dont know if you older kids have ever heard the story but I had not. My Dad asked my Mom to marry him when they were on a date at Forest Lawn in Glendale. They were looking at the statues there. I asked what kind of date was that (at least daddy thought of interesting dates) and did she say yes or would she answer later. She said yes right away. She thinks it was the spring (she did not remember when) and they were married that August. So even if it was a strange place in August of this year was their 68th wedding anv. So maybe getting proposed to at a cemetry is not a bad thing. Thought that was a funny family story and that I would share.


so does anyoone else have funny date stories or how they were proposed to????

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger grannybabs said…

    That's a great story - one I never thought of asking about!!

    Harry proposed to me out in the car outside our house. It was a Sunday night - I was taken by surprise because I was just hoping he'd ask me for another date!!

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    I had never thought to ask either tell we saw that commercial. It goes to show you need to ask now or we will never know

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Eliza said…

    Matt asked me to marry him in my living room on a Friday night. He had hidden the ring in the car and told me he had to go out and turn the headlights off...then he came back and put the ring on my finger. I was completely surprised. Maybe not a very exciting story but it was exciting to me!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Dale proposed in the Church parking lot and gave me a book by Brigham Young (the part where he said that you should never have more animals than your wife can take care of) with a hole in the book, lined in velvet, with the ring. I said yes and we went and woke up his parents and then I made breakfast for him. We had been to the temple that night and I was SURE that he was going to ask me in the temple but that was not to be. However, it was a good night and we stayed up all night. Called MOM and DAD early that day.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    By the way, I did not know that story either.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    I asked Mindy to marry me one evening in April on the southwest corner of the Salt Lake Temple in Temple Square.

    I got on one knee, and got the words "Will you..." out when she cut me off and said "Yes."

    It was perfect.

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home